FCSN Independent Living Skill (ILS) Program offers 1:1 living skill training & support to individual participants who have a goal to live on their own. FCSN conducts comprehensive assessment of clients’ living skills, enhances person-centered planning, and identifies training and support needed for participants to achieve their living goals. The 1:1 ILS training is conducted at the participant’s residence.
There are two types for ILS training:
- Intensive ILS Training takes place while clients residing in their parents’ homes with the ultimate goal of moving out from family home for more independent living.
- Ongoing ILS Training takes place when clients live independently in the community. FCSN provides continuous support and training for clients to maintain their living arrangement and independence.
Training Areas (for more information, click on “ILS Brochure”)
- Personal Care Skills & Hygiene
- Meal Planning & Preparation
- Grocery Shopping
- Money Management / Budgeting
- Household Maintenance Skills
- Finding Affordable & Safe Housing
- Health Management & Maintenance
- Safety & Emergency Preparedness
- Mobility Training
- Community Integration & Planning
- Social & Communication Skills
- Having a goal of independent living
- 18+ years old (after exiting from school) and A Regional Center client
- Reside in South Alameda County or Santa Clara County
- No aggressive behaviors toward self or others
For more information, please contact: