FCSN High School Volunteer
FCSN welcomes you to join our supportive community of individuals with special needs and their families. We appreciate your kindness in volunteering to help the special needs community.
- Volunteers must be a rising freshman (9th grade) in high school or older and not yet graduated from high school
- All volunteers are required to attend a volunteer orientation training session
As a volunteer:
- Please be sensitive to physical contact with any individual with special needs, as some students are extremely sensitive to body contact
- Friends and/or family members can only stay in the waiting area. They will not be allowed in the classrooms
- Please arrive on time.
- Do not use cell phones while you are volunteering.
- Follow the rules set for the program and the directions given by the supervisor/coordinator.
- Treat all students with respect and understanding. Inappropriate behavior may lead to termination. Abusive behavior whether it is verbal or physical will be reported to CPS (Child Protective Services) or APS (Adult Protective Services).
- Please give a 24-hour notice to the attendance officer if you can’t make it on the day of your volunteering. Multiple absences will result in reassignment or termination.
STEP 1: Click here to print WAIVER FORM for your GUARDIAN to sign, have the SIGNED form ready before go to STEP 2.
STEP 2: Must use high school volunteer´s own email to register, click here for Youth Volunteer Application.
contact: Ms. Mannching Wang: email@example.com
Click here for VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION/TRAINING.
News & Stories
Summer Camp 2015. Each year, FCSN holds a 2-week summer camp for individuals with special needs. Many volunteers helped out in our 2015 summer camp as shown in the photos below: