After School Program
The goal of FCSN’s After School Program (ASP) is to provide a safe, fun and healthy enrichment program for children with special needs during after school hours. We offer positive guidance, assistance, and encouragement to help students reach their maximum potential. We believe that all families and individuals can live an active and full life as members in the community, regardless of ability. We put equal emphasis on the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, and physical development of each unique child.
With a staff to student ratio of 1:3, we strive to provide specific care for K-12th children with developmental disabilities or special needs. All children are unique in their development, and any definition of typical development must constantly evolve as we discover new knowledge.
DAILY ACTIVITIES & CLASSES:
- Our curriculum is designed to improve functioning skills, enhance communication and social skills, and promote independent living skills all the while engaging in fun activities and exploring hidden talents:
- Arts & Crafts
- Life Skills
- Social Skills
- Music & Dance
- Academic Enrichment
- Reading Class
REGIONAL CENTER EAST BAY
- FCSN After School Program is a vendorized program with the Regional Center of East Bay. The Regional Center Purchase of Service (POS) for childcare can be applied to this program. Please contact your Regional Center case manager for more information.
- Whoever is not qualified for the POS, can pay out of their pocket.
- The ASP Program is open from Monday-Friday from 12-6pm. We accommodate minimum day schedules. Our school calendar coincides with the Fremont Unified School District. Students must attend a minimum of three days per week.
- Hope Community Church (next to FCSN East Bay Center): 2190 Peralta Blvd., Fremont, CA 94536
- Full time: Monday through Friday (12:00 – 6:00 pm)
- School aged students with special needs between ages 5-22
- Able to perform in a 1:3 ratio
- Without injurious behavior to self or others
- Fully potty trained
- Without medical complications
- Must have transportation to and from program
For more information, click on ASP Brochure.
Time and Activities – Monday through Friday (3:00 – 6:00 pm)
*Schedule is subject to change at any time.
|3:00 – 3:30pm||Student Drop Off / Personal Hygiene|
|3:30 – 4:00pm||Light Snack / Personal Activities / Exercise & Fitness / Homework Time|
|4:00 – 5:00pm||Cooking||Art & Craft /
|Computer & Life Skills||Social Skills||Geography
Music & Dance
|5:00 – 5:30pm||Academic Enrichment||Academic Enrichment||Academic Enrichment||Academic Enrichment||Academic Enrichment|
|5:30 – 6:00pm||Clean-up & Student Pick-up|
Monthly fee will be adjusted for the months due to holidays. Please refer to the 2022-2023 payment calendar below.
Aug, Sept, Oct, Feb, Mar, May = $1,450
Nov, Dec, Jan, Apr, Jun =$1,250