FCSN PROGRAMS THAT ARE OPEN
These programs are open during Shelter in Place because according to the Department of Developmental Services and regional centers, they are essential services for our special need clients and families.
- East Bay After School Program (with extended hours from 10am to 6pm) – Please contact your RCEB case manager if you need more POS hours.
- Respite Program – Please contact your service provider or case manager from SARC or RCEB if you need more POS hours.
- Supported Living Services (SLS)
ONLINE LEARNING CLASSES
FCSN has put together many different online classes for our clients and families. We hope these classes will provide some fun learning experiences for your child(ren) to keep them occupied.
|Arts & Craft||Making a Colorful Butterfly
(Materials Needed: Toilet Paper Roll, Scissors, Paper, Markers/Colored Pencils, liquid glue)
|Drawing||Drawing a Dog
(Materials Needed: Plain White Paper, black pen, & yellow, brown and black colored pencil)
(Materials Needed: Plain White Paper, Pencil or Marker, and Crayons)
|Storytime & Drawing||Dolphin Finds a Star w/Sea Turtle Drawing
(Materials Needed: Plain White Paper, Pencil, Eraser)
|Dance||Chicken Dance, YMCA & Macarena|
|Science||Creating a Volcano Eruption
(Materials Needed: Playdoh, Baking Soda, Red (or any color) Food Coloring or Watercolor, Vinegar, 1 Plate, 2 small spoons, and 2 small cups)
|Life Skills||Life Skills Class (How to Wash our Hands)
(Materials Needed: Water, soap, sink, and paper/cloth towel)
ONLINE PARENT SUPPORT & OUTREACH MEETING VIA ZOOM
These weekly online support meetings are meant to outreach and bring our families with special needs loved ones together to discuss various topics to help their children. It is a great way to meet other families during our Shelter in Place.
Mandarin Sessions – Every Fridays from 11:30am 1:00pm – Click here to register
Cantonese Sessions – Every Fridays from 1:30pm to 3:00pm – Click here to register
DREAM ACHIEVERS BAND VIRTUAL CONCERT FOR AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH
During the month of April, the Dream Achievers Band will be hosting a weekly Virtual Concert to celebrate Autism Awareness Month. The concerts will be held via Facebook LIVE every Thursdays from 12:30 to 1:00pm. Come join us and dance along at Dream Achievers Band or Friends of Children with Special Needs Facebook pages.
If you have missed their past concerts, you can watch them on Facebook or YouTube. Links below
April 2, 2020
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dreamachieversband/videos/151538229525544/
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/5WkHetNc69I
April 9, 2020
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dreamachieversband/videos/249071146277180/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBM984PkM00
Activities for Kids to do At Home
- Free Amazon Global Audiobooks
- Free Online Virtual Visit to 17 museums in Europe
- Cambridge Publishing Online Books.
- Sunflower Hill Daily Online Activities
- Oakland Museum at Home
Resources and Information
- ESPA Autism Support Information Page
- Parents Helping Parents
- Plain Language Information about COVID-19 (How to Explain COVID-19 to your child)
- Toolkit from Autism Society of America
- Coronavirus Response and Resources from Autism Society
- The Parent’s Survival Guide to COVID-19 by LakiKid
- Facebook Live on Family First Act, emergency legislation to address COVID-19
- INTERNET FOR ALL – California Emerging Technology Fund
- VIDEO: National Council of Severe Autism – Share and Care
- VIDEO: Parenting in a Pandemic by Damon Korb, M.D., F.A.A.P.
- VIDEO: Optimizing Your Home Environment for Online Learning by Dr. Surina Basho
- Facebook LIVE: Coronavirus Information Series (by Autism Society)
- UPDATED California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response Website
- Getting Internet Access – Available Plans Webpage
- NEW California Department of Education Powerpoint Presentation
- California Department of Education (includes Special Education)
- California Department of Public Health
- Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
- Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Department of Development Services (DDS) (includes Regional Centers)
- California Department of Social Services (includes IHSS, CalWorks, Community Care Licensing, Child Welfare Services)
- California Department of Aging (CDA) (includes Community-Based Adult Services and Area Agencies on Aging)
- California Department of Health Care Services (includes Medi-Cal)
- Department of Rehabilitation (includes Independent Living Centers)